cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Groovr - Where has it gone?

I got this brilliant app 2 or 3 years ago, paid for some extra scenes and now can't find it - doesn't come up in searches or anything.  Does anybody else have it and can still use it?

Thanks.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3
11 REPLIES 11

kojack
MVP
MVP

Looks like the company completely closed. All of their social media accounts (for Groovr and the company) stopped posting in 2017 and their websites expired mid last year.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Ah ok, thanks @kojack .  I wouldn't have thought that means it should be pulled from my library though?  I have a ticket open, will report back here when i get an answer.

kojack
MVP
MVP
I think it's because of how the extra content stuff was apparently online based, so wouldn't work without the Presence Labs server. Or perhaps Presence Labs had it pulled when they shut down.

Zynga had Mountain Goat Mountain removed from the Oculus store, but people who own it (like me) can still download and play it, it's just not available to new people (which is a shame, it's a great little game). It didn't need any online parts to run, so it was safe to leave available to existing owners.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

kojack said:

I think it's because of how the extra content stuff was apparently online based, so wouldn't work without the Presence Labs server. Or perhaps Presence Labs had it pulled when they shut down.

Zynga had Mountain Goat Mountain removed from the Oculus store, but people who own it (like me) can still download and play it, it's just not available to new people (which is a shame, it's a great little game). It didn't need any online parts to run, so it was safe to leave available to existing owners.

lol yeah i remember discussing Mountain Goat Mountain a few months ago and i went and grabbed it again for a trip down memory lane.

OK, understood.  Maybe i'll get a refund for the extra content.

App isn't supported on the platform, got a refund.  Great support, dealt with quickly.

Bit worrying that apps can be pulled quietly...  I suppose the problem with online stores is the company has to support the games forever.  At least with discs you can lose them and might go and buy the game again.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Although these days the disc might not be enough, most games still need online drm, so if the game is pulled you still can't play it.
Whenever possible I buy games from GOG, so I can have a drm free backup. Even if a game is pulled from the store, I can still play it as long as I have a copy somewhere.

Occasionally, devs issue a patch to allow their game to be played when the drm on-line store the game used closes down.

I remember Codemasters doing that when Microsoft shut down GFWL, think it was for Dirt 3. Bit different in this case, if the dev closes down though.

coluouse
Explorer
Oh, thank you very much, I've been looking for it.

DJHeroMasta
Explorer
Damn, I was sitting here going through my library and read one of my own reviews on an app suggesting that GrooVR would be a better choice. So I searched for it and couldn't find it. Now I'm sitting here wishing I hadn't uninstalled it a while ago. What same, apps like that are perfect when you're up in the clouds and just want to relax.