cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home at Christmas - Small environment

wan5
Level 3
Hi Guys

I made this small environment over the course of a few days, its a small traditional lounge decorated for Christmas. It was my way of getting back to grips with ue4 and to also give something back to this great community.

There is nothing more inviting than a roaring fire as the snow falls outside. Watch Miracle on 34th Street streamed from youtube while you enjoy the ambiance.
Ive also scaled everything to give you the perspective of a child around the age 11.

I would loved to have put in a bit more polish but really wanted to get it on to share in time for the Christmas.

I know it is nothing fantastic, I have no illusions of creating the greatest rift experience ever. Ive tried to make this as optimised as possible with my limited knowledge and have so far seen a few people run it on hardware that is well below the recommended specs for the rift.

It was submitted on Monday so hopefully you will all get the chance to try it out before the 25th!

Merry Christmas guys and all the best!

Now available on oculus share!
https://share.oculus.com/app/home--christmas
6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Level 15
Cool.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

zx81
Level 3
This gives me a cosy feeling 😄 I reckon you still have time to polish it! Crank that Cosy lever up to 10 🙂
Possibly dropping the overall ambient level a bit, making the fire the focal point. Drawing the viewer in.
Keep it up.

wan5
Level 3
Thanks for the feedback guys. Its been submitted already, unfortunately there is a potential 3 week for a submitted project becoming available.
I will still do a little work here and there in the time I get free, if its of significant improvement ill just post it up on the forum 🙂

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

hoopera
Level 3
Nice one. Hope to see it on share before Christmas!

Malkmus1979
Level 3
This looks really cool, can't wait to try and impressive it only took you a few days!

wan5
Level 3
Now available on oculus share!
https://share.oculus.com/app/home--christmas

Merry Christmas folks 🙂