cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monstrum, on steam on sale for 5$, horror game with full Rift support

maxpare79
Trustee
Just saw this on reddit, and bought the game, downloading it as we speak, supposed to be the scrariest Rift experience yet, for 5$ can't really hurt to try it. I will report back
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner
12 REPLIES 12

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I find when I play the game with an Xbox controller it pauses the  player movement at times.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

maxpare79 said:

I will report back

He's been gone for hours. Maxpare79...maxpare79...MAXPAREEEE799999!!

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I purchased the game again to test the controller, but sadly I have had to ask for a refund because it makes me sick after only 5 mins. I haven't felt this sick in VR for some time. The controller does work though so it must be something I had done wrong before. 

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Ahh, maybe that's why we've not heard from him then. He's having a lie down.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

maxpare79
Trustee
Alright I played it, like it a lot, no motion sickness for me, but I haven't felt motion sickness in anything for a while now, controller works fine and it is really scary, more then dreadhalls. Permanent death and the fact that the monster is different for each game is really cool.

My only problem with it, is the turn speed is way to fast with the xbox controller, so when you are running to escape, sometimes you will want to turn in a corridor, but instead you will do a full 360 or more...But when you walk slowly and turn slowly this doesn't happen.

@Shadowmask72 Hehe I went to bed lol, it was like 11pm when I posted this 🙂
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@maxpare79 - I think I would have enjoyed the game but it really made me sick. How long did it take you to stop feeling sick in games like this and what did you do to stop feeling sick? I need to stop this sickness but I need a plan of attack LoL.

Bloodlet
Rising Star
Ok just bought this and d/loading now. I've avoided VR horror so far but will give this a go.
Defib on standby.

Bloodlet
Rising Star
Great atmosphere. Never felt the need to remove my boots so I could creep silently so much before.

Unfortunately after 15 minutes I had to quit from nausea. That's after 2 years of VR gaming and having pretty solid VR legs.
It didn't help that the scale of ingame objects was wrong for VR. The character height was ok but even the zippo lighter was the size of a hip flask.

Will try it again another day.

maxpare79
Trustee
@lovethis Well not long, I remember my DK2 days (which I owned for about 6 months, sold it almost 1year before receiving my CV1) everything made me sick. Got my CV1, only games that made me feel nauseous was Ethan Carter. And when I went out of control in Project Cars. Now I can play Pcars without any nausea even when I go offtrack, and first person games don't affect me anymore, even Ethan Carter....I got my Rift in April, only time I felt a tiny bit of nausea was in Lucky's tail and Final Approach which is super weird since these type of game shouldn't affect me...But just a hint try moving slowly at first. I have never fought the nausea feeling, everytime it happens I stop playing.

Maybe you have a framerate issue?