cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Pro Failure

Jtmmalcolm
Honored Guest

Decided to bite the bullet and spend the money on Quest Pro. Well upon it showing up within 24 hours of order I was excited. Got everything updated and uploaded. Played for about 45 minutes and the headset crashed... Went black and wont respond at all. No power cycles, no charging nothing...

The support is very very vague and doesn't seem like they even know how to help customer. Figured for the price that the customer service would be able to back it up but here I am with multiple emails, and multiple hours in live chat support with nothing at all. All they say is we will follow up...

Really second guessing the purchase at this time, will update how this customer service plays out. The headset is completely dead and the first thing customer support asks is that by chance if sweat could have gotten onto the unit? So I guess a headset that you are physically active in is not water resistant?

Really hope things work out here but we will see...

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, @Jtmmalcolm. We understand how this can make it difficult to resume the virtual reality experience.
We want to take every precaution possible to get you back online.

If you plug in the headset and no battery icon is displayed, and no LED's come on:

• Attempt to charge the headset for 2 hours. The headset must be left powered off or in a sleep state during this time.

If trying to charge from a computer, take note of the following:

• Computers typically provide less power than outlets and may require more time to charge.
  • If you are using an adapter, the port type being used may provide even less power than the USB-C port that is typically used for charging and Link cables.
  • Computers may also stop charging peripherals if the peripheral is completely powered off (causing the computer to not recognize the presence of the device), or if the computer itself goes into a sleep state.
  • This is defendant on the port, motherboard, BIOS settings (not all of which may be visible in every BIOS) and USB power settings. BIOS settings vary greatly between computer models.
  • While in use, the headset will typically consume more power than the computer port can provide, resulting in the battery charge decreasing over time. The headset must be off or in a low power (sleep) state to charge.
  • Try a different Cable/Charger if possible.

If you are using a facial interface accessory. Please attempt to charge the headset again without the facial interface accessory. Some facial interfaces may block the proximity sensor which can impact the power of the headset.

• Try charging from a different Source (another PC or different wall outlet).

See if the headset will load the boot screen and then exit out:

• Hold the power and volume (-) button on the headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads
  • Exit and reboot the headset
  • Reboot the headset if possible

Let us know if any of these instructions help you restart the headset.
Thank you again for being patient with us.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Jtmmalcolm
Honored Guest

Let system sit on charger over night after being not touched for 3 hours.

Using supplied power cord, power block and charging dock. The controllers charge just fine on the dock so i know power cable is fine. Even tried plugging power cord directly into headset, still nothing.

Tried hard power down, power button for 20 seconds, nothing. tried boot menu, nothing at all.

I have been going back and forth with customer support with no resolve or update. Had multiple customer support just abandon the conversation... multiple run arounds... Figured for a $1,600 product that the support could back it up but its really a huge issue for me right now. Device was not even out of box for 24hours, and support doesn't seem to be doing anything but give me the run around. Even had one customer service to tell me to buy another one cause when they do get around to sending me a new one it will most likely be refurbished and not new....

Multiple hours wasted so far, nothing but run arounds, no actual updates...

We'll look into any possible options we've got for you Jtmmalcolm!

Please shoot us over a message through PM so we can take a better look at this for you and gather some information as well. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Jtmmalcolm
Honored Guest

Finally got through after lots and lots of wasted time... Got an Advanced RMA so we will se how it goes. Hopefully the new unit last longer than 24 hours