cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realtime Mixed Reality

roguebot
Explorer
Hey everyone! It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted here.

I’ve been working a lot on camera tracking and virtual production, and recently I made a Unity add-on that enables realtime mixed reality using a Kinect.

NextStage Pro is an app I’ve developed that handles the camera tracking. It streams the tracking data into the Unity add-on, which renders the Kinect image.

Unfortunately I only have a DK1 to test with right now. The add-on is already included with NextStage Pro, but if anyone has a DK2 (or CV1) and would like to try out the beta, please let me know!
My Demos Titan Defender: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=3505 vrBubbles: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4066 Flight 0.1: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4330
4 REPLIES 4

cybereality
Grand Champion
That's awesome work!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

crevver
Explorer
This is really cool! Have you tried marrying it to a skinned mesh renderer too? If you could start augmenting parts of the person would be even more awesome.

Great Work! Oculus, send this poor soul an updated rift 😄

-C

roguebot
Explorer
Thanks! Haha, I think I can wait until April 😃

Unfortunately the Kinect skeleton tracker does not work with a moving camera. Something along the lines of dynamic fusion would be amazing, but I don't know what the impact would be while running on the same system as a rift.
My Demos Titan Defender: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=3505 vrBubbles: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4066 Flight 0.1: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4330

Sakshi_Sharma
Honored Guest
Great work.Mixed Reality is the better technology to keeps its users firmly grounded in actual reality, but adds virtual elements to it.