cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry we couldn't install lone echo - Need help

AdHoxx
Honored Guest

Just purchased Lone Echo.  It begins downloading and fails at 2Gb every time.  Steps i've taken:
-Restarted Oculus/computer
-Windows defender is disabled
-Oculus is run as Administrator

-Oculus directory is in D:\
- Over 500Gb free space (space isnt an issue)

- network connection is ~1gb down

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  This problem seems to have been going on since 2017, and zero definitive answer to this problem online.  I am at a loss.

39 REPLIES 39

stontu
Explorer

same problem every time.

stontu
Explorer

I found the solution. You have to change IP or use a VPN to change IP.
There seems to be some IPs flagged so they put a transfer cap on them,

Hope this helps

I'm having the same problem.  I purchased Lone Echo this evening and I can only download to 43% and then I get the error "Sorry, we couldn't install Lone Echo. Please contact Oculus support".

I've tried it on two different PCs, as well as through a VPN with several different IP addresses and different regions, which in my case made no difference.  I also tried a full clean install of the Oculus app, and it still fails at exactly 43% with the exact same error.

I can download and install other games larger than Lone Echo without issue, so it seems to be just a lone Echo Problem.

stontu
Explorer

You are right. The vpn helped but had then I had the same problem donwloading next to 50%

Aekero
Heroic Explorer

This is what happened to me with Elite dangerous, many failures at 700mb, then I tried a vpn and kept getting failures at 9gb (roughly 50%) as well.

Michlo
Explorer

Hiya.

Same issue.  I just purchased it as I want to play this one before the sequel.  I'm connected via Occulus cable.  It starts, goes for a few seconds and then says it cannot install.

😞

Jesuile
Expert Protege

I am having the same issue and also with the climb. Other titles download fine but lone echo gets to 1.6 gb then the download drops. 

I spent 2 hours with chat trying to help and when they started asking me to shut my graphics card down I said I was gonna just get a refund.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Swampthing4REAL
Honored Guest

Having the exact same problem installing LONE ECHO 1...  downloads to about 1.75GB and then stops with a message saying it could not install.  Noticed I also have the same problem with GOOGLE EARTH VR.

Don't reinstall the PC app - I got told it was fixed on twitter and to reinstall.

I just did and not only did it not help, it now won't dowload Robo Recall or Startrek Bridge Crew on top of lone echo and the climb.

So I've now lost access to 2 more titles.

Good job lol