cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Shock 3 survey asks for VR interest

ProfessorK
Honored Guest
Fill it out here and tell Otherside you want VR support for SS3!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DJMH7H6
6 REPLIES 6

richhard1
Protege
See this is the very problem with new tech, to pay developers to include it in right now, in their eyes, may be a gamble. They need genuine figures, which is difficult right now as VR isn't quite here yet to the eventual consumer.

VR won't get really big until the populous speaks. Surveys won't cut it at all right now.
I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE

ProfessorK
Honored Guest
Id disagree. I think if those interested can make enough noise through surveys, forums or whatever, it all helps.

If nothing else, it helps inside proponents argue that "this will be huge", more then numbers the business people want to see trends. If the trend is that more people say yay evrey time the question is asked, then hey can project that growth over the production time for the product.

Luciferous
Consultant
Done and 10 of course. 😄

Sharkku
Protege
Yep, nothing less than 10 on the VR interest scale. In fact, I would not be interested at all if it doesn't get VR support. I've totally lost interest in regular monitor gaming. I loved System Shock 2, but SS3 without VR would just feel bland.
Survey done!
DK1 - previously owned DK2 - 2014-08-26 RECEIVED (ordered 2014-04-24) CV1 - 2016-05-25 RECEIVED (ordered on release day) Touch - 2016-12-07 RECEIVED (pre-order with CV1)

richhard1
Protege
"Sharkku" wrote:
Yep, nothing less than 10 on the VR interest scale. In fact, I would not be interested at all if it doesn't get VR support. I've totally lost interest in regular monitor gaming. I loved System Shock 2, but SS3 without VR would just feel bland.
Survey done!

Absolutely, I still buy latest releases, without VR support I lose interest straight away. VR in 2016 could be the death of Monitor Gaming.
I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE

gutang
Protege
VR wont quite be the death of monitor gaming until resolution comes up, and there needs to be some sort of interface similar to the leapfrog integration so say by tapping the side of the headset you get a semi opaque overlay of the real world when you need it.

But yeah, I dont play games on monitors anymore unless I cant help it. Pffft '2D' monitors are so primitive...