Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Tower Gameplay and Review!!

VirtualRealityO
Adventurer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLLjLQLdABk&t=25s

If you don't want to check out the video, that's cool. Here's a summary;

The Tower launched on 9th August on Oculus Home and was developed by Headroom.one.

Oculus - £3.99  / $5.99 

I bought this game with my own money.

The Tower is a refreshing title as its different from anything else I've played in VR. Essentially you are constantly travelling forward on a narrow conveyer belt and you have to avoid incoming obstacles by physically moving your body to navigate around them ie side stepping onto an adjacent conveyor belt or ducking to avoid a spinning saw blade. 

The conveyor belt is on a set track, you can speed it up and slow it down. Also you can fall off it!

I was using four sensors for my video but I'm pretty sure the game mainly tracks your head movement to know your location so the game should be fine with people running two sensors.

The game took me around 35 minutes to finish, by the end of the game I was hot and sweaty and felt like I had done a workout! You get so immersed into the world and your making all the physical movements yourself. You'll feel like you nailed leg day by the end of the game!

The game has little replayability unless you relish the idea of being a VR speedrunner by playing again and again to climb the leaderboard.

The intensity of the last scene was crazy! I died around 52 times in total, my score was 1335 and I was ranked 42nd in the world. Can you beat this?

TL;DR - Short but really fun experience  
www.youtube.com/virtualrealityoasis
1 REPLY 1

ParadiseDecay
Rising Star
Awesome video and gameplay- Look scary, how was the height?
☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060