cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tic-Tac-Toe + Photon Multiplayer

rubixcube6
Level 3
Edit: I have the game up and running now waiting for a match (as long as it says I'm online on this forum). The game will take care of creating and joining matches automatically when you boot it up.

I have been learning Photon networking in Unity lately and put together this little tic-tac-toe game. I need some help testing it and need your feedback. If there is interest ill expand this project with new environments, different game modes, and unlockable game boards, avatars, achievements etc..

For now it just has one avatar and one environment. The sound of the waterfall, and birds are spatialized. (Headphones recommended!)

Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!OAwzwIRR!hB86y0i59 ... aah1RL0bk8

3 REPLIES 3

rubixcube6
Level 3
Just fixed an issue with the sound and re-uploaded it. anyone have time for a quick match? 😄

FictionX
Level 2
Hi

I'm sorry (and surprised) that you apparently haven't gotten any feedback on this one. This board isn't what it used to be.

Anyway - I fired it up, and I like it. It is of course relatively simple, but I like how the environment seems very sharp and clear - not to mention judder-free. It makes everything seem more "solid" and real. I think that's important if you are to play a VR (or real-life) board-game. You will want to be in a nice, distraction- and stressfree environment.

I can't comment much on the actual game mechanics (since I was alone in there), but again, it seemed very simple and natural.

I think the reason you haven't been getting a lot of comments might just be that it's a multiplayer game - and one where you had to agree with someone to sit down for a session. Maybe people thought that they would hate to get in there with you, and have to be the one to tell you that your game sucked 🙂 (It doesn't).

Any chance you could get some single-player mechanics in there? I don't think there are a lot of these types of games around yet, and I really like the idea of being able to put my headset on, and shut out the world for a little while playing a solitaire game. And of course - having the option to play with someone else is always great.

In any case.. don't be discouraged (I don't know if you are) by the lack of response. I think the game and the concept shows promise. I would definitely be interested in seeing it develop!

Thanks for sharing!
ps: I couldn't hear any sounds?

rubixcube6
Level 3
Thanks for the review! I think the reason your not hearing anything is that the in game volume is too low. It should be an easy fix for the next build. As for single player, I think that's a great idea! I just have to wrap my head around how to code that. lol

I'm a bit busy right now but may be free to play later today if your interested.