cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using one account for multiple devices

star.commander.2022
Honored Guest

Hello,

I'd like to create one account (for a classroom) but use that account across multiple Meta Quest II devices.  I would  primarily be using it to engage with VR content on YouTube.  Is this possible?

8 REPLIES 8

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@star.commander.2022 You can have as many headsets as you would like under 1 account, yes.

However if there's multiple headsets logged into said account at once, they wouldn't be able to use the same application. 

This would also kind of throw off the cloud backup since its trying to overwrite one backup with one from a different headset at the same time. 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

Nadene2
Explorer

Hello,

I am very interested in an answer to this question.  I am in the same boat.  I have multiple Meta Quest 2 headsets that I need to set up for classroom use.  The only difference is that we would be using a 3rd party VR software.  

Hi there! We appreciate you letting us know your experience with your multiple devices and would be more than happy to get you the information you need and deserve! When activating a device you do need an account per headset so it can be played together with a few others. At the time being there is not a way to use the devices under the same account at the same time as it will cause them to sign out from the account if played together. 

We appreciate your patience and your understanding and if you ever have any other questions in the future don't hesitate to reach out! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Is there any way that my wife and I can play against each other. Forever darts will sign one of us out. If not now are you working on that for the future and do you have an eta on that? Thanks. 

Hello, @angelbears. We see you're having some difficulties playing "Forever Darts" with your wife. We definitely want to get you up and running so that you guys can have fun together. Whereas using the app sharing feature may be a little difficult, if you have the app sharing set up correctly there shouldn't be any reason for the device to force quit. If you do not experience this type of issue when using the app sharing feature with other games, it is suggested that the difficulties might be coming from within the game itself, and you should address your issue with the game's support. As developers may have a better solution than managing your app sharing feature. However, if you feel that this might be an issue with the app sharing feature, we can definitely see what is happening. If you can please resort reading over the app sharing features problems and solution page on our website. If you find that you are doing everything correctly we can try the following: 

• Make sure that you are on a secure Wi-Fi network.
  • Do not use any VPN network and make sure there is nothing that might be effecting Wi-Fi capabilities.
  • Reboot the headset by press and holding the power and (-) volume buttons and choosing reboot. 

If you feel like these steps were no help please let us know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

This is one of the most frustrating policies I have encountered.  I have one account and two headsets.  I use one headset and the other headset gets locked.  I unlock the other headset and then the first headset gets locked.  You can have multiple headsets on an account, but using one locks the other.  Customer support will just do a copy/paste on how to set up multiple accounts.  They also are unable to tell you how to figure out which apps can be shared.  I was advised to just guess and experiment.  For me, it was a total waste of money to buy a second headset.  Either headset can use anything on the account, but one of the headsets will always be deactivated/locked.  In other words, you can have two headsets, but you cannot actually use both headsets.

benearbehere1
Honored Guest

Totally agree! It would be helpful to make sure buyers are aware of this issue with the devices. We bought 2 for Christmas thinking we could use play games together etc. is Meta working to address this? Apple Music and other platforms seem to have figured out how to manage similar challenges. 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @benearbehere1. We hear you and know how this may have put a damper on your VR experience, and it is not something we like to hear. We would like you to know that our engineers and developers are always looking for ways to improve features and the experience for all of our Quest users. If you have any ideas or feedback about how to improve the parental control features for this, we encourage you to make a suggestion in the ideas forums. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach back out. Thank you for your understanding.