cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

horizon worlds aren't showing venue portals in pc version.

Stunticon
Level 2

I was going to attend an event that was in the horizon worlds venues. I got the notice my event was ready to start so I went to look for it in the pc app that is in the pc oculus software.  However, the event was not there. i went to the actual venues world and all of the event entrances are not labeled nor have a portal.  I disconnect my link and use the horizons world that is native to the quest 2 and go the venues world and everything is as it should be.  why is the venue world empty when i use horizon worlds venues? is there a solution?

5 REPLIES 5

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Stunticon! We appreciate you letting us know about this. We encourage you to submit a bug report by following THESE instructions. Thanks for helping us make Horizon Worlds better!

Same issue

grafy-man
Level 2

I am having the same issue

Hey @grafy- Man, we see you are having an issue concerning with the Horizon Worlds and want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. Seeing as it is a bug, please look at this Bug Report page and follow the steps provided so we can better improve our software. Once again, thank you so much!

Stunticon
Level 2

I did your solution. There has been an update since then if I'm not mistaken. Before, the bug report didn't work out and now after the update the bug report still isn't working out. You do know that you are losing a bit of traffic because there is a majority of us who prefer to play on our pc's as the performance is better than that of the unit. Personaly I just stopped as it is frustrating I try to watch an event through the standalone and the quality was not on par with my pc so I stopped with Horizon all together. It takes forever to load and when you are in the venue lobby some people don't even show up or their avatars are the generic build and it feels like attack of the clones. Just recently I went to watch the artimis event through my desktop app hoping it would be fixed at least for this event. the billboard advert thing was there but no join or portal at all. Didn't even show up in going on now section. I would like to have the best experience and unfortunately it is with my graphics card and since your software doesn't support desktop portals in venue then alternatives like vrchat and alt vers gets our traffic. Filling out the bug report is much like shouting in the abyss. Nothing ever comes out of it 😃 It would be nice to get this fixed not just for me but the others you have left in the cold because we have computers